Yesterday was a busy day, i spent the day shopping and preparing for a tasting dinner last night at Donna and Ralph’s. They are hosting Spencertown Revels next Saturday night, a fun evening to raise money for a wonderful local arts venue. And I’m doing the cooking…
We are preparing a 5 course meal:
1. Tomato Soup with home made Parmesan crackers, served in demitasse cups
2. Ricotta Ravioli in a sage/fontina butter sauce
3. Veal Scallops with Ham and Swiss, with a creamy , white wine mushroom sauce, this is a Red Lion Inn recipe, so delicious, Donna was licking the pan, served with roasted asparagus
4. Salad of mixed greens with goat cheese, praline pecans and a warn honey mustard dressing
5. Raspberry Mousse with a dark chocolate lace cookie, raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries.
If the meal next Saturday night comes out half as well as last nights did…it will be sublime. Everything was delicious.
I forgot to take photos of the salad and the dessert but will get them next week.
The first recipe to share from this fabulous meal,
Parmesan Thyme Crackers….inspired by The Barefoot Contessa…with a kick of my own
In the bowl of the mixer combine:
1 stick butter
1 cup shredded Parmesan
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
¼ tsp cayenne
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 ½ cups flour
The mixture will be crumbly, with the mixer running, drizzle in about 2 tablespoons of cold water, one at a time. once the mixture starts to pull together is is ready, it will still be crumbly-ish.
Dump the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll in into a log about 19 inches long, chill for about an hour. When you are ready to make the crackers, slice them about 1/4 inch thick, place on parchment bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 22 minutes.
Serve dipped in hot tomato soup! Yum!